Messmer’s Wood Cleaner and Brightener
For Cleaning Ipe, Garapa and Massaranduba Decking
Messmer’s Wood and Deck Cleaner and Brightener (Part A and B) powder concentrates are specially formulated to clean and brighten exterior wood decks, fences, log homes, and other exterior wood projects. This two-part process removes superficial dirt and grime, then removes deep tannin stains that result from extractive bleeding. Messmer’s Wood Cleaner and Brightener is easy to use and biodegradable.
- Cleans and brightens exterior wood, removes gray and dirt
- Use before staining wood
- Excellent for deck maintenance
- Biodegradable, safe and easy to use
- Maximum strength concentrated powders
- Cleans or Brightens up to 500 square feet per 16 oz. jar
- Best results with a temperature of at least 70 degrees fahrenheit
Part A – Cleaner
- Always follow manufacturer’s instructions on packaging for best results.
- Remove dirt and debris with a broom and garden hose.
- Mix 1/3 cup Wood Cleaner (Part A) with 1 gallon of hot water. Mix thoroughly and let the powder fully dissolve before using.
- Apply liberally to wood surface using a garden sprayer, mop, brush, pump sprayer, etc. Wait 10-15 minutes, while maintaining a wet surface (a light spray nozzle on a garden hose works well). Scrub with a stiff broom or scrub brush.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water using a spray nozzle and garden hose, or the lightest setting (no more than 1200 psi) on a power washer and let dry.
- Repeat steps 1-5 if needed.
Part B – Brightener
- For use after cleaning wood with Part A.
- Mix 1/3 cup Wood Brightener (Part B) with 1 gallon of hot water. Mix thoroughly and let the powder fully dissolve before using.
- Apply Messmer’s Brightener (Part B) in the same manner to clean rinsed wood with a generous and even coat. No need to scrub or brush this time.
- Allow 30 minutes for color restoration.
- Wash off thoroughly with a garden hose.
- It is important to do BOTH parts, as Part B re-balances the pH in the wood.
- Allow deck to dry completely before applying Messmer’s UV Plus finish.
Precautions and First-Aid:
- Product contains sodium per-carbonate.
- Maintain adequate ventilation.
- Avoid skin and eye contact.
- Wear protective gloves, eye wear and clothing.
- Skin – Wash with soap and water
- Eyes – Flush with water for 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.
- Ingestion – Seek medical attention immediately!
- Inhalation – Get fresh air